Sunday, November 07, 2004

"Late Night Rantings"

So, tonight was our last performance of The Rivals, and even though I had a lot of fun this weekend performing, I am not very sad to see it end. I am looking forward to my evenings consisting of more than rehearsals. This show was very different from any other that I have participated in. The cast was very diverse and unique. It was nice because some of my really good friends were a part of the cast, but also, at times I was very irritated by the unprofessional way that much of the cast acted. Rehearsals were very long and many people seemed to be distracted very easily. However, I was pleased with the final results. I really feel that we performed well and I feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction now that it is over.

Ok, so I don't really have anything specific to write about tonight. I'm sitting in Whitley's office, i'm on duty...how sad! I'm listening to MUTE MATH on their website...they rock my face off! It's good late night music. It's strange how some things are just better suited for late at night. You know the feeling when its so late that everything seems incredibly hilarious? Or when everything becomes louder? Some music is good late night music. Some food is good late night food. I've heard it said before that nothing good happens after midnight...I beg to differ! I am such a night owl. My creative juices start flowing late at night! Some of the most meaningful, intimate converstations I've had happen late at night. Have you ever turned on your tv past 3 am? You will find some of the most random things...I think it's hilarious!

I suffer greatly from late night cravings. More often than not its for Ben and Jerry's! Sometimes I crave the strangest things...bloomin' onion from Outback, toast and peanut butter, banannas, chai tea, hot chocolate, popcorn, macaroni and cheese, did i mention cheesecake (my fav!)...the list could go on and on. Not to mention the numberless things that I crave that have nothing to do with food. Sometimes I crave seclusion, other times I crave attention. Many times late at night I become highly aware of my cravings for love. Sometimes I crave a back massage or a sweet song or a long embrace.

What are your late night cravings or fav. late night memories?




4 comments:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Late night cravings....hmmm....I always want orange juice late at night. I don't really know why...I just do. I also love doritos at night. Taco Bell on occasion.

But most of the time...I don't stay up very late :) !

Brett said...

Yes...i'm well aware of that! You really should hang out with us when i'm on duty!

Anonymous said...

hmm....long embraces are nice

Anonymous said...

Since he has died, late at night I crave to spend time with my dad. I want to talk to him, crack jokes with him, and even have him dicipline me. Other nights I crave a caramel frappacino and a banana nut muffin from starbucks.