Friday, February 04, 2005

"A Few Random Numbers"

We can assign a number to almost everything in our lives...

22...hours until the weekend

38...dollars in my wallet

7...hours away from home

34...current temperature

2731...songs on my ipod

10...months until my brothers wedding

57...credits left after this semester

396...po box number

41...guys that share a bathroom with me

One thing that cannot be counted or measured is God's love and forgiveness. Tonight at FCA, I was overwhelmed with thankfulness as I sang words that are hundreds of years old, "Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me". Oh what a wretched man am I...so undeserving of mercy and grace. I have failed so many times and yet God always finds me at my lowest point, completely covered with the ugliness of my sin, picks me up, washes me clean, and sets my feet back on solid ground. I don't think I will ever be able to comprehend this miracle of grace, a grace based soley upon love. A love that is unconditional and sacrificial. I wear a ring everyday engraved with the beautiful desription of love found in 1 Corinthians 13. Love is so many things that I fear I will never be. Love is so many things that I fear I will never understand. Yet love is something that I want to know. I want to LIVE and BREATHE and BE this kind of love that is beyond my human understanding.

"The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe."

This quote from "The Village" leaves me speechless. Think on these powerful words today.







1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Great blog Brett! You are going to make a fantastic writer!