Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It's been a while...

Right now, I am sitting in my Communications Law class listening to a debate about 1st Amendment rights.

This is not as exciting as the rest of my life.

It's been a little while...okay, a long while....since I've written on here, so I just want to give an update on all of the amazing things that are going on in my life...all of the extravagant blessings that the Lord is pouring out on me.

As of today, Jes and I have been engaged for 1 month. Time has flown by! I guess to sum up the past month of my life, I will quote Charles Dickens.

"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times!"

The past month has been the best time of my life. I have felt such love, direction, security, acceptance, excitment and numerous other emotions. Jes and I have had such fun planning the wedding, the reception and the honeymoon. But mostly we have enjoyed planning our life together after we get married. (By the way...214 days and counting!)

On the other hand, the past month has been so hard for us. Each time we have to leave each other gets harder and harder. It makes living day to day life so hard knowing that so many great things are awaiting us. But I have to keep reminding myself that God's timing is perfect and that He still has a plan and a purpose for this season of my life.

So...in other areas of my life...

School is in full swing, and is taking up a lot of time. I am doing a lot of writing, but it's not as bad as I was expecting.

Worship team is going great! Our guitar player has taken over some of the administrative duties that I was handling, which has been a great help with so much school this semester. The past few weeks, we have really felt the Holy Spirit's presence during our worship service, and I have been so humbled that God is using me as a part of this amazing group of musicians and worshipppers.

Well, that's it for now.

I'll try to update soon.

1 comment:

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks for posting. Take my advice, elope . . .