Friday, January 05, 2007

We're Engaged!

On Saturday, December 30 my beautiful girlfriend Jes agreed to marry me.

We got engaged in Richmond overlooking the downtown buildings and then met our parents for dinner at Maggiano's.

This picture was taken when we walked up the stairs at the restaurant. I surprised Jes by asking her parents to drive up from North Carolina and meet us after I proposed. Jes was so surprised. It was such a special time to share with one another and our families.

Less than a week into our engagement we already have quite a few plans made, I am very excited as we move forward and progress into a new stage of life together.

We are planning a September wedding, which seems like a lifetime away, but will allow us time to get things ready, and for me to finish school and move down to NC.

I just wanted to share my exciting news!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surprise!

All the best. Take my advice -- elope!