Monday, February 26, 2007

A weekend of packing...

Yet another wonderful weekend with Jes this past weekend.

I was able to leave Richmond on Thursday afternoon, despite such a crazy week last week. It was wonderful to start the weekend early. Last week was the end of the Virginia General Assembly, so my class reporting on the legislature was in overdrive!

This weekend we started working on the house that we will be living in when we get married and that I will be in as soon as I move to NC.

The house was Jes' grandma's house, and so to start off, we have to clean out all of her old stuff. It was fun to look at the belongings of Jes' grandparents, who I will never know, and feel as if I can get to know them as we clean out the house.

It is a daunting task, but we are really looking forward to the many hours that we will put in getting the house ready for us!

On Saturday, we helped Jes' church, Central Community move out of their old building. We packed up the entire church and took a bunch of stuff to a storage unit, and started loading the moving truck.

It was a lot of hard work, and on Sunday morning, our muscles were quite sore, but it was really a lot of fun!

It's so exciting for me to already feel as if I am a part of the church and that I can provide some service to them even though I am not attending there yet.

Ok...so now I want to talk about Grey's Anatomy. Yes, I admit, I am a shameless addict!

So...I think they were really stupid in the way they handled the past few weeks' episodes. First of all, it is almost unheard of that someone could be brought back to life after the amount of time that Meredith was down...especially without severe brain damage.

I think they could've done the same thing, but just in a way so that when she was brought back only a matter of minutes had passed. I think this would've allowed them to bring in all of the same plot elements without ruining their medical credibility.

Clearly, I am still going to watch the show, but I hope in the future they stick more to the medical drama and try not to come across like a glorified soap opera.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

1. I didn't know you and Jes had a house already. That's WONDERFUL! Please call me with the details... :) How exciting!

2. Come on...tell me you weren't sweatin' the loss of the main character Meredith Grey...I know I did :).