Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A long, long weekend

This past weekend, Jes and I traveled to GA for our friend Laura's wedding. Jes was a bridesmaid in the wedding and I sang.

On the way, we went somewhat off the normal path and stopped by the resort that we are looking at for our honeymoon. We really liked it and will most likely be staying there. It is Chetola Resort in Blowing Rock, NC (it's one of the red dots on the map above)!

We loved the privacy and gorgeous atmosphere that the resort offers. The rooms are great and it is such a pretty location and a neat little town.

So from there we traveled through the mountains of NC and TN and then south to GA where we met up with some of our closest friends from when we were at Southern Wesleyan for the wedding. We were able to spend some really fun time with our friends on Friday night and then the wedding was on Saturday afternoon.

There was plenty for us to do, and we really enjoyed being able to help out with everything. I ended up helping to set up some for the reception and got to spread out rose petals and such. It was fun! The wedding was really nice and It was such a neat experience to be at a wedding with the woman that I will be marrying in LESS THAN 5 MONTHS!!!

Unfortunately, I was a slacker and literally have no pictures from the wedding. I forgot my camera in the car, plus I was running around too much to have taken many pics. A friend is going to send me some though, so I will upload those when I get them.

After the wedding we traveled up to SWU and stayed the night there with some friends. It was fun to be back for a few hours, but also kind of strange to be back after so much change has occurred in my life. It was really good to see some good friends, even though it was such a short stay.

Then it was back to NC where Jes had an American Cancer Society fundraiser on Sunday afternoon. That was fun! It was a Biker's rally and ride, so we got to check out some pretty sweet Harley's!

Monday morning it was back to VA for me, and back to work for Jes. It was a very long and tiring weekend, but it was great fun. We were able to spend a lot of time together talking and singing in the car, really just enjoying one another's company.

(According to MapQuest our trip this weekend totaled 1366 miles and 24 hours!!!!)

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

looks like good times. marriage is so so fun. can't wait for you two!