Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weekend Update...


Yellow Jacket
Originally uploaded by
random thoughts photography.


This is a picture from my weekend in North Carolina with Jes.

Check out the rest of them here. There are only a few and most are from our trip to visit the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro.

I had such an amazing time with Jes and her parents. I was so much looking forward to being able to spend some more time with Jes' parents and get to know them a little bit better. They are such amazing people, and I have been amazed at how willingly they accept me and have really been encouraging of our relationship. I really feel like I have a second home now in North Carolina.

This weekend, we had such a wonderful time enjoying each other and just some simple things together. We played tennis, went running, went to the Zoo, had some wonderful meals, played Catch Phrase, watched a movie, and just enjoyed being able to be together.

Today was such a great day, despite my major Jes withdrawls. I have such a renewed sense of thankfulness and joy and a strong trust in God.

A year ago, this weekend, I came home and decided to transfer from Southern Wesleyan. It is such a huge blessing to be able to look back on the past year and so clearly see God's hand guiding me to where I am now. I have never been one to appreciate the procees that leads to a result...I'm a huge instant gratification person. BUT, God has given me such a huge thankfulness for the process and the season of growth that He has brought me through in the past year. He is so good. His ways are higher than our ways, and even when I don't understand and the process is hard, I trust that He has a purpose and a plan. I trust that He has a purpose for every season, every trial, every hardship, every good day and every hard day.

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Yes. I understand withdrawals. Daniel comes to visit me this weekend...and I KNOW I will have SEVERE withdrawals when he leaves.

Glad to hear you had such a great time! I look forward to seeing your pictures.