Monday, November 27, 2006

Kansas Thanksgiving


I spent Thanksgiving weekend with my family in Kansas. It was very bittersweet. It was the first holiday without my Grandpa, which was hard for all of us, but it was especially hard watching my Grandma as she continues to grieve and deal with the loss.

It was sweet, because my brother Patrick and his wife, Jana, announced to the family that they are pregnant. YAY!

Times like these really make you aware of the gift of life. It is so sweet and so short.

It's kind of strange to think about being an uncle. This little baby will be the first in the next generation of my family. A whole new dynamic is yet to be discovered.

Sadly, Jes and I weren't able to spend Thanksgiving together, but we're really excited because we are going to be able to spend a lot of time together during the next month. It's gonna be great!

I did get to spend time with Jes' family a few weekends ago. Her sister hosted a pre-Thanksgiving dinner so it was great spending that time with her parents, grandparents, sister, and brother-in-law.

I am so incredibly thankful for the acceptance and support that Jes and I have recieved from both of our families.

I want to send a "shout out" to my grandparents who finally got a computer that will allow them to check out my blog periodically.

2 comments:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

So great to talk to you yesterday! Please tell that lovely girlfriend of yours that I say, "Hi!"

Congrats on being an uncle soon!

Anonymous said...

dude, we had not made that public to the world yet!
p and j