Thursday, November 09, 2006

Unity...It's a good thing!

Tonight I have worship band practice. It will be different from any practice we've had. Not only are all of my band members going to be back (the first time in 2 months!), but we will be meeting with the church choir and the sound team.

This past weekend, the Lord laid on the heart of one of our vocalists that there was a lack of unity between the different music ministries at our church, which in all honesty is a very true statement.

I have been very humbled this week as I have looked at myself and my attitude toward other people. I will be the first one to admit that I have made sarcastic comments or rolled my eyes about our choir on more than one occassion....this should not be!

Who am I to think that I am better than anyone else? Who am I to think that "my" ministry is more important that any other ministry? Who am I to take ownership of anything?

I am very excited about the meeting tonight, because I want to express my desire to honor and glorify God in unity. I am confident that the collective desire is to help lead the congregation into the presence of God, in a way that is the least distracting to anyone.

What an honor it is to be able to serve the Lord through music. I take it forgranted.

It is always so exciting when people come together in unity; when it is very obvious that the Holy Spirit is leading us. It is also very exciting to me that all of this didn't stem from a conflict. I think that conflict resolution is so amazing, but it's even better when we can put aside our differences and come together BEFORE there is a conflict.

I think God likes it when we are pro-active rather than just re-active!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like God is at work.