Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's better to give than to recieve...

I wrapped my first Christmas presents tonight. I always like to be the first one in my family to put presents under the tree.

Jes is coming up tomorrow, so instead of trying to find somewhere to hide the presents that I have already gotten for her, I just decided to wrap them and put them under the tree. I think I did a very good job, they look really nice. I used a gift bag that I bought at Target that has a black and white snow scene on it, and then some red and gold wrapping paper.

Wrapping presents has always been such a favorite part of the Christmas season for me. Well really, every aspect of giving gifts really makes me excited. My family has always focused on the "giving" aspect of gifts rather than the "getting". And I can honestly say that when Christmas rolls around, I will get more joy out of watching my family un-wrap the presents that I have for them than any of my own.

Don't be fooled. I am not this amazingly unselfish person. I need to implement this giving, selfless attitude into my everyday life more...I think God wants us to be like this more than just at Christmas.

Why? Because that is how Christ was. He gave constantly to those around Him. He was always focused and attentive to the needs of all people, their spiritual and practical needs.

I am challenged to do more than give gifts to my famliy, but to give of my time, my money, and my energy to help meet the spiritual and practical needs of those around me.

Take a look around you today. Is there more you could do?

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

great thoughts brett....