Wednesday, December 29, 2004

"My Big Splurge"

Well I finally splurged and bought myself something that I've wanted for quite sometime...an IPOD!! I absolutely love it! It amazes me how technology works...this tiny little thing made out of plastic can store 5,000 songs and it sounds amazing! So anyway, I'm back in good ole' Mechanicsville...it's good to be home after so much traveling. The bed I slept in at the hotel last night was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever felt, so it will be incredible to climb into my own bed tonight...there's nothing quite like the feeling of getting in your own bed after being away for a while! I bought a few new CD's this week...ZERO7 & Damien Rice...I've really enjoyed listening to them both...I'll write a review of them in a few days...maybe when I get back to school. So I have a week left of Christmas break...time surely has flown by! There were so many things that I wanted to do while I was home and as of now, I really haven't done much of anything...oh well! It was nice to get to do some traveling, but I think because I haven't been home much, and because my brother hasn't been here at all, this Christmas break has been different, but I guess I'd better get used to different. At dinner last night, my dad said that he really felt like this year was going to be one of major transitions for all of us...I can really see that. I really feel that this coming year will be monumental in my life. I know that the Lord is really desiring to work in my life and I am excited about the things that I am trusting Him to do!

A quote for the new year:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
- Alan Cohen

22 HOURS, 24 MINUTES till my B-DAY!!

2 comments:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Brett--First of all...I am so going to steal that quote and use it. Second of all...It will be amazing to see God working through you guys...I can't wait to see what he will do...and thirdly HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :) You are getting OLD!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
*~*Kelly*~*