Thursday, April 21, 2005

"Looking Back"

I realized tonight how much I miss leading worship. I helped my friends Christy and Jes lead worship at their church tonight and I couldn't help but think back on when I led worship for my youth group when I was in high school. At the time, I don't think I truly realized how priviledged I was to be in that position. Leading worship is such an amazing experience that I cannot even begin to describe with mere words.

I am so thankful for times like tonight when God reminds me of different things that He has used to shape me into who I am today. So often, we only want to remember the good and pleasant things from our past, but many of the painful and challenging things from my past are what make me the person that I am. It's so difficult to see God's provision sometimes, but looking back on my life, I am able to see God's grace and faithfulness covering everything that I have been through.

Remember that the challenges and changes of today are shaping the useable and beautiful vessel of tomorrow.

No comments: