Sunday, April 24, 2005

"She Loves Me"

One of the things that has kept me busy this semester was the musical production of "She Loves Me". The plot features employees who unknowingly correspond with each other through a lonely hearts service. The musical is based on the 1940’s movie, “The Shop Around the Corner,” starring Jimmy Stewart and Margaret Sullavan. This story was the basis for the 1998 film “You’ve Got Mail" starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. I was cast as Georg Nowak, the male lead role. This was my first leading role, so naturally, I was rather nervous. A good friend of mine, Heather Clifton, played opposite me in the female lead role. The whole cast was incredibly talented, and It truly was the experience of a lifetime. I am so thankful to have had this opportunity. I have posted some pictures from the production below.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ya'll did so awesome!