Thursday, September 23, 2004

"My Everything"

It's been a whole week since I've posted anything...how sad :( I think It's funny how we start things and then never finish them. I know that around my house at home, my dad has started so many projects that never end up getting finished. That is probably one of my biggest pet peeves...to have to start a project and leave it half done. This past summer, while working at a doctor's office, I had the wonderful priviledge (yeah right!) of re-organizing ALL of the medical charts. The office probably has around 15,000 patients or more...so this was a pretty large task. I had to go home everyday knowing that my job was not done...this drove me crazy! I hate to do things half-way...I would rather not start at all than start and not be able to finish. I am also one to not do things that I know I will not excel at. Like sports...pretty much if it has to do with a ball...I SUCK AT IT! So therefore, I don't try anything, and in turn miss out on a lot! I was thinking about this earlier, and it came in to my mind that I am so glad that God does not have a problem finishing his projects. Just before Jesus died on the cross, he said, "IT IS FINISHED!" My salvation is complete...paid in full...He didn't half-way save me! It also says in Philippians 1:6 that "he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion"! How awesome is that? God promises us that He will complete the work that he has started in each of us. How liberating to realize that I am not already complete! I'm so glad that I have not "arrived", because if this is it...then it's not all that great...there's got to be more! There is...so much more! I am confident that God has incredible things in store for me, He wants to complete me...all I have to do is allow Him to do the work.

God, right now I give you free reign in my life. I want you to complete the work that you started in me...if there is anything in me that is in the way of you working I pray that you would just remove it. I want to be free. Free from opinion, free from sin, free from myself. I ask that you would open my eyes to the "big picture" and give me strength as I choose obedience to your call. I love you more than words can express. You are MY EVERYTHING!

No comments: