Sunday, October 31, 2004

"Longing for Love"

Ok...so i felt like writing a little bit tonight and this is what came...this is not about anyone in particular...just so you know!

I'm sitting alone in my room tonight. The world is narrowing around me, and I am suddenly secluded. My window is open because it is a beautiful night, the kind where you can sense the changing of seasons. I can hear the sound of the swing being pushed back and forth by the presence of two people alone in their own world. Their world stands in complete contrast to mine. They are in love. The sound of an innocent lover's smile penetrates the distance between us and I am at once drawn into the mystery of it all. I dare not try to understand, for it is impossible because I am not living in their world. I am dead to this world of love. I cannot breathe its air nor stand its ground, yet I can sense its beauty and gaze upon it with longing.

I long for the connection they share. I long to have my fingers entangled in the hair of the one I'm made for. I long to look into her eyes and know. I long to place my hand inside hers and have my body tremble with nervousness and excitment. I long to feel her smile in the depths of my soul. I long to dance with her in the middle of a crowded room so everyone can see us. I long to embrace her to pray for her to sing to her and build a life with her. I long to protect her, to provide for her, to lead her, to guide her, to be guided by her. I long to give her extravagant gifts as well as simple ones. I long to kiss her eyelids and forehead when she's not feeling well to make her better. I long to hold her in my arms as we dance. I long to take long walks to talk about nothing. I long to sit on that swing and feel it moving to our rhythm.

I can still hear the swing outside my window. I am still unable to understand this thing called love, I can only wait patiently, anticipating its arrival.