Monday, October 18, 2004

"A Trust Issue"

Church was great yesterday! Aside from having the pleasure of hearing the vocal stylings of the amazingly talented Whitley, the message was just what I needed to hear.
The message came from Proverbs 3.
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who'll keep you on track" (Proverbs 3:5-6 - The Message)
Another translation of these verses says "He will make your paths obvious". I don't know about you, but I really need for my paths to be made obvious to me. Sometimes I get so frustrated with God about my life and my future, because I really have no idea what it holds, and I get so confused! Yesterday I was confronted with a question from God that really made me stop and think..."Do you really trust me?" WOW! We say all the time that we trust God, that we know he has our best interest in mind, that he will take care of us, etc. But do we really believe it? I surely don't live like it most of the time! If I truly trusted God "from the bottom of my heart", I would not worry or fret about tomorow or next semester or 5 years from now! It is so hard for me to let go and give God complete control of everything and trust that He is sufficient, and that He will supply all my needs. For it is only when we trust God that we can recieve anything from him!
Check out yesterday's sermon here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Brett! I was reading this...and this is the exact same thing I'm strugglin with. I just wrote about it in my livejournal today. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is goin thru this right now. Your entry said exactly the same thing that's goin thru my mind.
I hope you have a good day!
*~*Kelly*~*

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Here's a quote about that that I really like: "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday...."