Thursday, October 14, 2004

"When Harry Met Sally"

At our RA meeting on Monday night, I realized that we are never all together except for during meetings and stuff, and with all of our crazy schedules, I hardly ever see my fellow RAs. So I decided that we needed to have a movie night at Whitley's apt. Several ppl had never seen the movie "When Harry Met Sally", and since I own it, we thought it would be a good movie that almost everyone would enjoy. Well, I don't know how much ppl really enjoyed it...I guess some ppl have much higher movie standards than others...but some of us got together and watched it tonight. I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching that movie. Maybe it's just cuz I'm a sucker for chick flicks, but I think it is such a good movie. The question is: "Can men and women just be friends?" Billy Crystal's character, Harry, believes that it is impossible for men and women to be friends because, "the sex part always gets in the way", while cutie pie Sally (Meg Ryan) thinks that Harry is incredibly too shallow and that men and women can be friends. The whole movie follows them from their meeting to their realization that they love each other...about 12 years!...all along giving you great insight into the thinking patterns of men and women. Now I do have to say that this movie does stereotype guys as shallow, sex maniacs, which completely irritates me, but it is so funny and of course the famous scene...you know which one...is just hilarious! But the best thing about the movie is one of the last lines. Harry says to Sally, "Once you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"! What a great line! It's so true, and not just about love. Whenever you find out what you are passionate about, what your purpose in life is...you don't want to sit around and wait to start doing it! What is your passion? Are you actively pursuing it? Life without passion and purpose is worthless. I know I want the rest of my life to start immediately! I want to be all that I am supposed to be, to live my life to its fullest potential, and I guess the whole falling in love thing wouldn't hurt either!

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

You need to post that quote on my page~!~