Tuesday, October 12, 2004

"You"

For today's blog, I wanted to share a poem that I heard last year. The words are so powerful and each time I read it I am enamored by God's love and grace for me!

“You”
by Amena Brown

You find me when I'm hiding behind all my disguises
You see me
It takes you to keep me breathing
You are heart, passion, vision, word incision
You send me and you bring me close
Close....close....closer
Until when you look at me, You see You
You are heavenly, My present and future destiny
You are Father, Creator, Sustainer, Life-changer, Pride-breaker
You are yesterday today and forever
You are pleasure, You are worth
Reason, Present in every season
You are worship, devotion
You are the reason for all my commotion
You are the one that I pray to
You can tell that I'm nothing without you
So awesome that I can pray to You about You
To know you, To sense you
To believe you more, To love you more, To obey you more
To give you more of my heart
Oh God...
Search me, Know me, See me, Examine me, Test me, Love me
Watch me, Protect me, Show me, Investigate me, Be pleased with me
Question me, Keep me, Change me, Have me, Correct me, Take me, Help me
Create in me, Break in on me, Be my reality, Sustain me
Decrease me
Decrease me
Decrease me
Decrease me
Until there is NO ME LEFT
Only you, Only you, Only you
You are light...Are true...Are you...Are hope...Are love...Are strength...Are escape rescue safe
You are peace, You are belief
You are advance and retreat
Of what, to what, to whom can I compare you?
You are my all things new
You are my place of refuge
You are my fortress, My rest
My creativity in the strength of your words to me
You are my ability to see, hear, feel, move, live, breathe, be
You are life and death- all at the same time
You are friend, You are believer, savior, redeemer
You are today, tomorrow, and the next day -
And the next day and the next day and the next day
You are truth, You transcend old age and youth
You are timeless, Priceless, Lightness in darkness
Greatness, Goodness, Sinless...
And in a mess like my life you see righteousness
You leave me speechless
You alone are God!

No comments: